- Fastest growing company in the outdoor sports industry, HQ'd in Austin, TX, with offices in Boise, Bozeman and Europe. Growing revenue at 300%+ YoY and influencer audience 420%+ YoY.
- 150+ leading outdoor brand partners across diverse gear categories (e.g. Leica, Zeiss, Weatherby, Federal, Hornady, SOG, Nemo, First Lite)
- Lead all marketing for the company, focusing on growing our audience of verified influencers and driving ecommerce sales
- Strong digital marketing experience with an analytical mindset is a must
- A passion for the outdoors - a strong plus
- We work smart. We have fun. We care a lot.
Guidefitter is the online network for guided hunting & fishing adventures. It is the destination for consumers seeking and sharing guided adventures of a lifetime, the solution for guides & outfitters to save money and run a better business, and the enterprise influencer marketing and sales platform for outdoor gear manufacturers. Guidefitter members and the information they share through web and mobile apps, represent the pulse of the guided hunting and fishing industry.
We're an international company, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Europe, Boise, Idaho and Bozeman, Montana. We are growing rapidly (300%+ YoY). Our network of outfitters and verified guide & outfitting professionals, as well as our network of brand partners continues to grow and represents a “who’s-who” of the outfitting and outdoor industry.
Who you are: As the Director of Marketing, you:
- Are a self-starter who is intellectually curious and figures things out. You don’t require a lot of hand-holding.
- Have a very strong sense of urgency and lead by example vs. “lead by PowerPoint”
- Are a leader, a thinker, and possess an innate pride of authorship in what you and your team create. We will look to you to build strong opinions based on fact yourself, and then convince the rest of us we should follow your marketing direction.
- Are analytical, but also have a knack for telling stories and working a crowd. We’re pretty sure these people exist.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and pride in your work and want to work with others who do too. You’re not looking for just a J-O-B, and this isn’t one.
- Are a team player who communicates effectively and fits well within our growing and diverse team of overachievers
Where you come in:
We’re looking for a strong leader to head-up all marketing for Guidefitter. The role includes some strategic / big-thinking marketing brainpower, brand/market positioning and all-out execution, paying attention to all the little details on a daily basis that add up to winning. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and execute your plans alongside your team across digital marketing, ecommerce execution, PR, trade shows, marcom, online/offline advertising and getting creative to drive significant awareness of and traffic to our unique platform. We have an existing team of social and email marketing folks who have accomplished much and can do even more under your direction. You’ll work very closely with the CEO, Director of Business Development, head of Customer Support and VP of Engineering on a daily basis and will be a key part of the company’s management team. You’ll travel some and be based out of our office in Bozeman, MT.
Skills and experience preferred for this role:
- Experience with diverse digital marketing execution as well as growth-hacking & guerilla tactics driving highly-converting traffic to websites
- Ecommerce marketing and conversion funnel optimization flows through you
- Strong writing skills. You obsess about solid grammar.
- Trade show planning, execution and pre-and-post show marketing. You realize most of ROI from a show isn’t usually from booth traffic.
- 4 year college degree is great, but if you’re a natural marketing genius, we don’t care
- Prior experience using sales & marketing automation. If you’ve used SFDC, Mailchimp, Hubspot or other CRM/ Marketing Automation tools, you’ll stand out even more
- Outdoor industry experience and a passion for hunting, fishing and the outdoors is a plus, but not required. If you wear camo in your LinkedIn profile, you’re probably not for us, but maybe.
We work smart. We have fun. We care a lot.
If you think you got what it takes, contact us at email@example.com