• An 8-hour inshore trip allows ultimate flexibility. We will head to Block Island, where you can fish all day for the species you choose, using a variety of bait, tackle and techniques. Or, you can have the best of both worlds, by spending part of the day fishing for Stripers or Blues, and still have time to do some bottom fishing for Fluke, Sea Bass, Blackfish (Tautog), or Scup. The choice is yours! Check web site for other trips available.
• We fish the Neuse River and Pamlico Sound for speckled seatrout, redfish, striper, flounder, giant red drum,bass, crappie, perch, bream and shad trips and the Crystal Coast for false albacore, bonito, bluefish, cobia, sharks and giant red drum on both fly or light tackle.
• We have been fishing this area since 1968 for Tuna, Shark, Bluefish, Bonito, Little Tuny, Dolphin, Spanish Mackerel, Skipjack, Wahoo, Albacore, Marlin, Flounder, Weakfish, Sea bass, Stripers, and Tautog. .
Charter Fishing Trips from four to ten hours are available. The Ocean trips have a max capacity of four people, and the bay trips are best with four, but up to six can be squeezed onto the boat.
Light Tackle Guided Bay Trips out of Brigantine, NJ
Our light tackle trips are usually dependent on tide or sunrise and sunset. Our capacity for these bay trips is 2 or a tight 3
• The STOLAT is a custom 42' TOPAZ sport fisherman and is powered by twin, Cummins 450 HP turbo diesels. She is equipped with modern Furuno electronics including: Color Depth Sounder, Radar, two GPS, Chart Plotter, LORAN, and two VHF Radios. The spacious cabin has A/C and Heat, a clean head, comfortable seating, TV/DVD Player and Satellite Radio. We have a full galley with fresh water and a microwave. The extra large cockpit has a Scoponich 130 class fighting chair and two companion chairs for your added comfort. All US Coast Guard safety equipment is on board. STOLAT fishes the Ocean waters out of Oregon Inlet and the waters of the various Sounds of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. STOLAT fishes 12 months a year for all species in season. These waters offer an unbeatable variety of fishing opportunities. We offer a larger variety of specific trips than most Outer Banks Charter boats. STOLAT is located at the OBX Marina in Wanchese.
• Doug will take out beginners and experts alike. The waters he fishes can be easy or challenging according to the skills of the anglers on the boat. Group seminars are available by special arrangement.
Striped Bass fishing in Maine and on Cape Cod is a mixed bag with fish from 12 inches to over 40 inches always a possibility.
Bluefish are almost always available during May and September on Cape Cod and during late July and August in Maine.
False Albacore are the targeted species on Cape Cod in September. Stripers and Blues are available in September and are considered bonus fish then. The excitement of fishing False Albacore
is a special early fall treat to any angler.
Blue fin Tuna (SBFT) are fished on the waters of Cape Cod Bay during the month of September. Commonly referred to as "baby" tuna, they range in size from 25 to 150 pounds. A challenge to any fly fisher. This is a demanding game which requires sturdy equipment, patients and Federal Permits which I have.
• Whether you are after a slot-sized or bruiser Bull Redfish, Gator Speckled Trout, or even the fast and furious Cobia or Jacks, Cutawhiskie Charters fishing trips are sure to offer just what you are looking for.
All equipment and baits are onboard, but feel free to bring your favorite rigs. We have ice, just bring your favorite choice of beverage and a snack. There is no need to buy a license, the vessel has a blanket license that will cover you!