• The Hula Dog is a 27 foot long Center Console "Shamrock" 270 open. This boat is outfitted with console cover. Shielded from the elements, we may run trips on less than mild days.
The boat is equipped with state of the art radar, global positioning, sonar and communications systems to insure your safety as well as a productive day charter fishing. In addition, Hula Charters has a killer stereo on board so our customers can enjoy some great music.
• njoy a day on the Chesapeake Bay catching your own live Maryland Blue Crabs.
Come on aboard and enjoy a combined Crabbing and Fishing trip.
Our morning crabbing will be done with commercial style "Trotline" for the Maryland Blue Crab and dipping your limit.
All Equipment, line, bait and one person license will be provided.
We can include bottom fishing if time and energy permits. During the summer months we enjoy great bottom fishing for Perch, Spot, and Hardhead.
• Doug will take out beginners and experts alike. The waters he fishes can be easy or challenging according to the skills of the anglers on the boat. Group seminars are available by special arrangement.
Striped Bass fishing in Maine and on Cape Cod is a mixed bag with fish from 12 inches to over 40 inches always a possibility.
Bluefish are almost always available during May and September on Cape Cod and during late July and August in Maine.
False Albacore are the targeted species on Cape Cod in September. Stripers and Blues are available in September and are considered bonus fish then. The excitement of fishing False Albacore
is a special early fall treat to any angler.
Blue fin Tuna (SBFT) are fished on the waters of Cape Cod Bay during the month of September. Commonly referred to as "baby" tuna, they range in size from 25 to 150 pounds. A challenge to any fly fisher. This is a demanding game which requires sturdy equipment, patients and Federal Permits which I have.
• The Lady Grace V features:
42 Feet in Length
Very Wide, Very Stable
Well Equipped Heating and A/C
Full State-of-the-Art Electronics
Coast Guard Certified
Interior Wheel House to fit up to 16 other passengers
• Some of the most beautiful, gin clear flyfishing waters in the Northeast are found on the eastern end of Long Island, New York. The classic sightfishing strategies that have been so successfully employed in the Florida Keys are now ever present here in the Hamptons in places like Shinnecock Bay in Southampton and Gardiner's Bay in East Hampton. During the Spring and Summer we will hunt for bluefish and striped bass as they feed in inches of water across bright, sandy, rock strewn flats.
• September through November signifies the annual Fall migration in the North East. As the days grow shorter and the surrounding waters begin to cool, bluefish, false albacore and striped bass feed with abandon on the myriad of bait that is being flushed out of the local bays and estuaries. Montauk, at the most eastern tip of Long Island's South Fork, becomes center stage for the Fall run.
• MARICA II is a 42-foot fiberglass vessel built by Hulls Unlimited of Deltaville, VA . Her Deltaville Deadrise was created by retired Naval architect Harry Bulifant. His many designs have been proven by generations of watermen who work along the Chesapeake Bay to withstand its waters.
The 19-foot open deck provides an excellent fishing platform with plenty of space for fly-fishing, trolling, bottom, chumming or light tackle fishing. The comfortable cabin seats six persons and is heated for the cooler days.
She is powered by a 330 HP Cummins diesel. Cruising speed is approximately 22 mph thus enabling us to reach the fishing grounds in and around the Lower Potomac and Middle Chesapeake Bay area in most cases in less than an hour. This of course translates to more fishing and less travel time.
Equipped with the latest navigation equipment we can easily & safely navigate to & from wherever the fish may be located.
• We Fish Up To 6 Persons For Great Inshore Fishing Action. We Target Striped Bass, Bluefish, Blackfish, Fluke, Founder, Weakfish, Etc. On Board A 28' PARKER PILOTHOSE SPORTFISHERMAN. We Trailer To Where The Fish Are! Fly Fisherman Welcome.
4x4 Surf Fishing Charters - All Bait And Tackle Provided. Surf Fishing On Long Island Beaches.