• Plaisted Camps provides guests with an unforgettable Fly-To Canadian fishing trip! What makes a trip to Plaisted Camps so special? That is a good question; maybe it is the 150 mile float plane ride to and from camp. How about the one of a kind log cabins built from trees surrounding Russell Lake. It could be the unmatched fishing quality of Russell Lake and the Wheeler River.
Fly-In Fishing Trip - There is no better way to start a fishing trip than to hop on board a float plane and arrive right at the dock. Transwest Air and the Waterbase Inn provide all float plane transportation to Plaisted Camps! Don't forget your Camera for this 150 mile flight!
Once in camp, one will be shocked by the amount of fishable water available during your trip! Russell Lake is a giant, it is not uncommon to fish upwards of 25 miles from camp on a given day. Not to forget our smaller day use lakes! Plaisted camps has several day use lakes available to guests.
• The main focus of the lodge is fishing for Trophy Northern Pike and Trophy Lake trout. We have many other activities such as swimming on our sandy beach, exploring the backcountry and much more, which will make for a fulfilling wilderness vacation that will leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park
• This package is an all-inclusive fishing adventure for trophy walleye, northern pike, and world record class rainbow and brown trout in one of Saskatchewan's most overlooked waterways. Lake Diefenbaker is known for producing above average sizes in almost every species it holds. It is also currently the world record holder in rainbow trout and burbot, with many believing that the next world record brown trout will come from its waters. Lake Diefenbaker is also 1 of only 2 lakes in the province of Saskatchewan that supports a reproducing population of rainbow trout. That being said its most population target species continues to be over-sized walleye and nothern pike. With many options for quality fish we can guarantee a successful trip regardless of time of year.
This trip includes:
- all-inclusive professional guide service
- travel from Swift Current
- 2020 Lund Pro Guide boat
- top of the line electronics
- all rods, tackle, and gear (upon request)
- cleaning and packaging
• Welcome to Timberlost Outfitting drive in fishing trips. Most of all our outfitting lakes are located near Leoville, Saskatchewan. We offer a lot of different fishing packages and are really flexible and can customize any fishing trip thats suits your needs. We have the outfitting rights on many good fishing lakes just to name a few are Chitek Lake, Green Lake, and Huard Lake.
We offer Walleye, Northern Pike, Perch, and Brook trout fishing trips. We have a few different options for your fishing trips depending on what you are looking for. We can supply a guide or a cook what ever you would like, or if you want to do everything on your own that is also fine.
• Because the majority of bear hunting begins mid-day, a boat is available for use by those who wish to experience one of Saskatchewan's cherished outdoor activities – fishing! Try your skill at catching big Northern Pike, Walleye and Perch!
• Explore the area's scenic beauty, a variety of sights and sounds, and the many different animal and bird species. TOBIN LAKE is part of this incredible beauty ! Tobin Lake, just 30 minutes to the northeast of Carrot River, Saskatchewan, is a man made lake that serves as the resevoir for the E.B. Campbell Hydro-Electric Station.
The lake offers the largest Pike and Walleye in Saskatchewan. Tobin Lake holds the record Walleye at 18.2 pounds and the largest known Northern Pike landed at 38 pounds.
You'll find a lot of challenge in fishing the 40 mile long, 16 mile wide, Tobin Lake. It's a scenic four mile ride from the lodge and cabins to where you launch your boat.
The Saskatchewan River is a 10 minute walk (you can also drive) to the water to fish offshore. Fishing is excellent and the fish are plentiful.
The Tobin Lake Trout Pond is about three miles from the lodge and is stalked with Rainbow Trout. Here you can try your luck fly fishing or casting.
• The angling at Dore Lake consists primarily of Northern Pike and Walleye. In the past, we have seen numerous pike over 20lbs, and quite a few over 30lbs.The Walleye in Dore Lake average 4 - 8 lbs, with many over the 10lb mark. The chance at catching a trophy fish is very good.
Guides are on hand to take you out but we have well-marked maps of the area for your use. We recommend that our guests head out and try their luck on their own at least once.