• An 8-hour inshore trip allows ultimate flexibility. We will head to Block Island, where you can fish all day for the species you choose, using a variety of bait, tackle and techniques. Or, you can have the best of both worlds, by spending part of the day fishing for Stripers or Blues, and still have time to do some bottom fishing for Fluke, Sea Bass, Blackfish (Tautog), or Scup. The choice is yours! Check web site for other trips available.
• Guiding Western Long Island Sound since 1989, Connecticut Island Outfitters specializes in fly and light tackle fishing, primarily in shallow salt water along the shoreline and islands off the Western Connecticut coast. The many reefs and rips that form along this tidal area offer prime fly casting to Striped Bass, Bluefish, and other species depending on the season, such as False Albacore and Bonito. Acres of skinny flats offer anglers the opportunity to sight-cast to fish in as little as a foot of water, and draw ferocious strikes off the surface.
Our Charter season begins in May and continues steadily into November, 7 days a week. High quality, top brand tackle is provided for fly fishing or a light tackle adventure, but we encourage you to bring your favorite rod/reel combo. An 8 or a 9 weight fly rod is best, and sinking lines are the most productive.
• Captain David Blinken is Coast Guard licensed and a certified casting instructor from the Federation of Fly Fishers.
He has been flyfishing for over 30 years, most of which were spent on the south shore of Long Island's now fabled waters.
Captain Blinken will guide you to the hot spots and assist you in having a most pleasurable fishing experience.
So whether you're fishing for Bluefish or Bonito, Striped Bass or False Albacore, come stretch a line with NORTH FLATS GUIDING.
• Legendary Ocean Master 31 will take you to the fish Quickly and Safely. Powered by twin 250 hp E-Tec engines achieving top speed of 50mph. State of the art Electronics by Raymarine featuring 3D fish finder and Chart Plotting Technology, Radar featuring chart overlays. Amenities such as stand up head, fish boxes, live bait wells, casting platform and seating will make your trip most enjoyable and productive.
• The Hula Dog is a 27 foot long Center Console "Shamrock" 270 open. This boat is outfitted with console cover. Shielded from the elements, we may run trips on less than mild days.
The boat is equipped with state of the art radar, global positioning, sonar and communications systems to insure your safety as well as a productive day charter fishing. In addition, Hula Charters has a killer stereo on board so our customers can enjoy some great music.
• September through November signifies the annual Fall migration in the North East. As the days grow shorter and the surrounding waters begin to cool, bluefish, false albacore and striped bass feed with abandon on the myriad of bait that is being flushed out of the local bays and estuaries. Montauk, at the most eastern tip of Long Island's South Fork, becomes center stage for the Fall run.
• Some of the most beautiful, gin clear flyfishing waters in the Northeast are found on the eastern end of Long Island, New York. The classic sightfishing strategies that have been so successfully employed in the Florida Keys are now ever present here in the Hamptons in places like Shinnecock Bay in Southampton and Gardiner's Bay in East Hampton. During the Spring and Summer we will hunt for bluefish and striped bass as they feed in inches of water across bright, sandy, rock strewn flats.
• Year Around Charters for Offshore and Bottom Fishing, Bahamas Trips and other customized Charters including Day Cruises, Site Seeing and anything else you may think off.
Operating out of the St. Lucie Inlet . We have the ability to cater to your agenda during your stay in Florida.
Fishing for Dolphin (Mahi Mahi), Cobia, Wahoo, Kings, Sailfish, as well as various species of bottom fish.
Enjoy fun in the Sun