• CFE provides fun fishing trips on Blue Mesa Reservoir in Gunnison Colorado. We operate year round through each season. Ice fishing in the winter months and begin boating after the ice is off in the spring. Target species in the early spring is the trophy lake trout. After the big fish go deep and water warms we target trout and salmon by trolling mostly. This type of fishing will run through the summer and by late July hopefully we are jigging for Kokanee salmon. Our trips are kid friendly and we provide everything while on your trip in regards to tackle. We clean and package any fish you choose to keep. Contact us to get your ice fishing or open water fishing trip to Colorado lined up.
• Bring the family for a true western experience and fish some of the finest cold water fishing that Colorado has to offer. These vacations are for the beginner as well as the experienced fisherman. If you would like to try fly fishing for the first time our guides will instruct and give pointers on fly casting, fly presentations and reading the water. Saddle up for an expedition into the Zirkel wilderness for some high country fly fishing, you will catch fish!
• Custom float fishing trips (2 or 3 days) on the Gunnison River Gorge below the Black Canyon National Park, are fully guided for both Fly and Spin rods. GOLD MEDAL FISHERY
It is a Catch & Release fishery with a fish count of over 7000 Rainbow and Brown trout per mile and 1000 of which are 14-35 inches. Gold Medal fisheries are 60 pounds of fish per acre and the Gunnison River has over 400 pounds per acre!
Accessible only by foot, a 1 mile hike into Gorge and the day before your trip DVK will horse pack of boats and gear into the Gorge. The Gunnison Gorge is a wilderness canyon for those who are willing to literally go the extra mile. A trip to the canyon floor requires a hike of one mile down a steep trail. Guests are expected to carry their personal gear in DVK issued dry bag backpacks (3.3 cu.ft), provided by DVK.
An extra horse can be purchased ($120) to carry your bags into the launch at the bottom of the Gorge (We must have your gear a week before to arrange this). With every
• Overnight Pack Fishing Trips in the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness Area in the Avalanche Creek Drainage. Trips custom to your group alone 1 day/night-2 weeks trips. Stay in a wall tent and fish the Avalanche Creek or Avalanche Lake. Guide, Camp Jack/Cook, Horses, Camp, Food Provided. Fishing Gear Rentals Available.
• We Guide Fly Fishing trips on the Renown Waters of:
* Taylor River
* Gunnison River
* East River
* Lake Fork of the Gunnison River
* Miles of other streams and tributaries.
* Public and Private Waters
Whether you are looking for a big water adventure or to find a little more solitude fly fishing a small gem tucked away from the crowds, we've got you covered. We are fortunate to call Gunnison Country home which holds some of the best western fly fishing streams and rivers in the country! Join AEI Outfitter on a guided fly fishing trip on the Taylor River, the Gunnison River, the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River or countless other small streams and lakes. Call us today to discuss the many fishing options available to AEI Outfitter.
• We offer fully guided, fully serviced fishing trips on Taylor Reservoir, located at 9500' of elevation in the Rocky Mountains of near Gunnison, Colorado. Large species of Lake Trout, Northern Pike Can be found. Great for Rainbow and Brown Trout species, along with a growing population of Kokanee Salmon. Majestic views and a friendly, family oriented staff make fishing Taylor an absolute fun-filled adventure. Our professional guides live here year round and are a wealth of knowledge. Great trips for the beginning angler to the advanced fisherman.
• Fish a Northern Colorado Lake from a 18ft Crestliner Fish Hawk or a 14ft Lowe Fishing Boat. Boats are Equipped with Quallity Trolling Motors, Sonars & Chart Plotters. Fishing will consist of Casting, Jigging, Drifting, & Trolling using Name Brand Lures, Baits & Flies. Fish for Rainbow Trout, Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Yellow Perch, Crappie, White Bass, & Sunfish.
• Fish Creek Outfitters provides summer trips on horseback to the Continental Divide to elevations well above timberline. The full service camp includes a cook, wrangler, and guide to make your fishing, camping, and scenic adventure pleasurable and more successful. A variety of trout including brook, rainbow, cutthroat, and brown await the angler or fly fisherman, providing ample opportunities for success.
• Pocketwater Fly Fishing, LLC is a Denver based fly fishing guide service offering access to some of Colorado's best private and remote water. Our focus is the overall experience, providing solitude that can't be obtained on many of the public's rivers and streams. In other words, we do our best to avoid the crowds! Since our base is located in Denver, most of our trips are throughout central Colorado, but with advanced planning, we can cover other parts of the state.