• The Mississippi River is the largest river in North America. The Upper Mississippi River is one of the premier smallmouth bass fisheries in the upper Midwest. The Mississippi is a classic smallmouth river that was made for fly fishing. The strict catch & release regulations in these waters ensure that the bass population stays strong. You'll be fishing out of a Clackacraft Headhunter Skiff drift boat during your float so come and join us for a day of fishing and enjoy the beauty and fishing of the upper Mississippi River!
Enjoy a day on the Ottertail river fly fishing for smallmouth bass, and numerous other freshwater fish species. The Ottertail River has a catch and release regulation for all smallmouth bass from Friberg dam downstream to the Wilken county line and this has created an exceptional smallmouth fishery in southwest Ottertail County. Basic fly fishing skills will help make your trip more enjoyable and you should be in average condition or better for this trip.
• Customers of On The Fly Guide Service will be exposed to over 200 miles of trout water in southeast Minnesota's bluff country. This is small stream, walk and wade fly fishing for browns, brook, and rainbow trout. Smallmouth trips are also available.
• Now the hunt begins as we fire up the lights and give each person there position on the shooting deck. Bow fishing is for rough fish only so for those who aren't sure we will point out the Carp, Bullheads and Dogfish we see most often. When in doubt don't shoot. We all get fooled once in a while.
For safety we provide life jackets and throw ropes and cushions on the boat. If you're a non-swimmer please let me know. We spend most of our time in shallow water, but we do travel through deep water to get there. If you have your own life jackets please feel free to bring them.
• Day wilderness fishing trips are geared for the busy vacationer. Don't spend all week trying to catch fish; let us take the work out of fishing for you. Fishing with Basswood Trails is not only a trip, it is a learning experience. You will learn how to locate and catch many species of fish. We encourage you to ask questions in the field. What you learn can help you be more successful for many seasons to come. after a morning of catching fish, we will head to shore, relax, and enjoy the view and tranquil setting while your guide prepares a gourmet walleye shore lunch. Our full day trips include shore lunch, bait, tackle, life jackets, and great conversation.
We also offer overnight camping trips by boat and motor or canoe. Our guided outfitting packages are complete with everything you will need on a Boundary Waters trip. We tailor your trip for you; portage deep into the wildeness or just far enought to get away. Basswood Trails guides are experienced,back country travelers wi
• Fishing is very good – primarily Cutthroat Trout, a few Brook Trout and an occasional Golden Trout – up to 3 lbs. – flies and worms work best (some lures), We provide all the fishing gear,.. you provide the Colorado Fishing License. We supply everything you'll need except your personal gear, rain gear (needs to be of good quality and cover you well), sleeping bag and Colorado fishing license. The camp here in the Flattops is made up of a cook/mess tent (but we often eat outdoors) and the necessary sleeping tents with cots and foam pads. A quality, well-rounded menu is planned and prepared for you by our camp cook. All horse and tack care is provided by our wranglers.