• Providing full day float or wade trips for 1 or 2 anglers. All float or wade trips include lunches, non-alcoholic beverages, transportation, flies and terminal tackle. Gear rentals can be arranged but are not included. Fishing licenses are not included.
Scott Vollmer Outfitting, LLC is also a dealer for Canyon Coolers. Call for product availability.
• Let us help you with everything from all inclusive lodges to great inexpensive cabins and B&B's.
Lodging is arguably one of most difficult aspects of planning your Montana fly fishing vacation. We've spent over a decade working with the best lodging options in the area. Let us help you with everything from all inclusive lodges to great inexpensive cabins and B&B's. Our all inclusive lodging packages are our most popular and best way to incorporate all of your lodging, dining and guide services into one convenient Montana fly fishing package. View the many options below to learn more.
• A Missouri River fishing trip is a truly unbelievable home for trout below Holter Lake through the town of Craig and downstream to Cascade, Montana
It boasted the highest trout population in the state of Montana in 2012 with over 8,000 fish per mile and 20″ fish are common. Obviously, chances of having a good day while Missouri River fishing are high. Not only are the fish numerous, but like most tailwaters the Missouri river is abundant in aquatic bug life, making for exceptional sight and dry fly fishing. We offer this trip only during the best fishing time of the year which is from April until early July and then again in late September into November.
The Missouri river fishing techniques are much different than most freestones so having the right flies and fly fishing guides is a must. The Missouri river is an unbelievable home for trout below Holter Lake through the town of Craig and downstream to Cascade, Montana. This stretch of water has every possible type of fishing f
• When time is of the essence or you just want to expose a beginner to the great sport of fly fishing our Half-day trips are a perfect solution.
We encourage anglers to enjoy as much fishing as possible, but sometimes lack of time gets the better of us. Our Half-day trips are a great solution. There is so much water in our backyard we can usually be fishing in just minutes. Take advantage of a 4 hour float or walk wade trip even if you just have a part of the day. This is great way to introduce beginner anglers to the sport as well as enjoy some quality time on the water.
• Fishing from a drift boat or raft on a big river is truly a western fly fishing experience that every angler should enjoy.
Southwest Montana offers some spectacular rivers that can only be fully appreciated from a drift boat or raft. Our guide staff have spent years learning the hundreds of miles of river we float in order to find our anglers the best fishing available. We recommend these trips for anglers of all experience levels.
There's just something about standing in the water fly fishing that brings it back to what it's all about.
Our Walk Wade fly fishing trips take place on a number of rivers including locations in Yellowstone Park, local area spring creeks and some special "No-Tell-Um" Creeks. We recommend these trips for anglers with more than beginner level experience as the casting and mending techniques needed are a bit more advanced.
• Montana Fish Man Outfitting wants you to come fly fishing the Madison River or spin fishing the Madison River with us on your next adventure to Ennis Montana! The Madison River is our home water and the river we guide float trips on most frequently. The draw of fly fishing also takes us many other places in the state of Montana. In addition to fly fishing float trips and guide service on the Madison River. The Missouri River, Yellowstone River, and Ruby River are just a few of the rivers that hold sway over the direction of our trucks and selection of our flies. Although we love fly fishing the Madison River, Montana Fish Man Outfitting lives, eats, and sleeps fishing and I pride myself in being knowledgable and proficient in all aspects of fishing. As much as we would love to teach fly fishing to everyone, we also know not everyone wants to fly fish. We want to share our passion and knowledge for angling as much as possible.
• The classic approach to fishing Montana's larger rivers, spend the day with us in a MacKenzie style drift boat. These stable boats are ideal for fishing on the Blue Ribbon rivers of Southwest Montana, and easy for beginners through experts to comfortably present their fly to literally thousands of fish on any given day. A delicious lunch is provided on full-day trips.
Walk/wade trips are perfect for fishing on southwest Montana's smaller trout streams such as the Gallatin, or on side channels of the region's larger rivers. These trips also work well in conjunction with fly fishing instruction, with lessons to begin the day and wade fishing out on the water as casting basics are mastered.
• Whether you're a dry fly aficionado, a beginning angler, or somewhere in between, we have the fishing vacation that you're looking for. Land of the Giants, the Missouri River, Canyon Ferry Lake, Holter Lake, Hauser Lake, and Lake Helena are some of the waters we offer trips on!
• Depending on the time of the year and when the fishing is best, we will meet around 8:30am and end the day anywhere from 6:30-8:00pm.
Some outfitters may stay close to town, but our fly fishing guides will go where the fly fishing is the best.
Any given day we could have a half-hour drive to an hour and a half through either the Blackfoot or Bitterroot Valley or down through the Clark Fork Canyon.
Our strong ethics on catch and release ensures a future for Montana fly fishing experiences from generation to generation for a lifetime of memories.
• Licensed Montana outfitter Nate Stevane of Trout On The Fly offers a wide range of guided fly fishing adventures to suit your needs and make your vacation an experience to last a lifetime. Whether you're a veteran to the sport of fly fishing looking to hone your skills as you float down the Madison River or a new angler wading the Gallatin, learning the basics of how to hold a rod and release a trout properly, Trout On The Fly will take the time to listen to your needs, and at the end of the day make sure those needs were fulfilled.
Trout On The Fly only works with the most dedicated guides in Montana who have the knowledge and experience to insure you and your guide are a perfect match. From the Madison River to the Bighorn River and every river, stream, or lake in between, let Trout On The Fly lead you to the fish.
• Flowing out of the enormous Bighorn Reservoir in south-central Montana, the Bighorn River is considered by many to be a fly fisher's paradise. It is one of, if not the most productive trout river in the world. The Bighorn hosts an impressive average of 6000 trout per mile. Added to this remarkable figure is the fact that the typical size of a Bighorn trout ranges between 16-18" with 5 and 6 pounders caught frequently.
• You can fly fish in Montana all year long. While there are always seasons that produce the best dry-fly fishing in Montana, a dedicated angler can find great fishing all year long. Your Montana TroutChasers guides know which fisheries are active during different times of year and are generally the best source of knowledge regarding local rivers.
Planning your Montana fly fishing vacation doesn't always seem to be dictated by when you'd like to visit, but more by when you can. Luckily, the fishing in Montana is great year round. For those that don't mind cooler weather, winter fishing in Montana can offer the same great fishing as during the summer, but without any pressure from other anglers. We have numerous rivers within a 30 mile radius of our lodge and each fish best at different times of the year. This gives you the ability to plan your Montana fly fishing vacation whenever your schedule permits, knowing you will have a fantastic angling experience.
• At Clark Fork River Outfitters we provide several different arrangements to fit your individual needs. Overnight packages include all meals, riverside chalet style lodging, drift boat, guide, flies, and fly fishing gear as needed. Our full day package includes lunch, beverages, drift boat, guide, and all fishing gear as needed.
We also offer scenic float trips, half day fishing, a fully equipped fly shop, and bed and breakfast services.
The Clark Fork River provides some of the very best dry fly fishing in Montana without all of the crowds associated with the more frequented waters. Quite often you will be in the only boat on the water enjoying the breath taking scenery and the excitement of rising trout sipping your fly. Donn and his guides will use their combined 50+ years of fly fishing expertise, and their unmatched knowledge of the Clark Fork River to assure that your experience will be the very best that can be.
• Live in the Alaska wilderness for six days on a world class Alaskan tent camping fly fishing trip this summer. Fly fish for legendary Alaskan king salmon, the famed Alaskan Rainbow Leopard trout, and enjoy five star gourmet meals each night streamside in the middle of nowhere, prepared
by owner Christian Elwell.
• Montana fly fishing is world renowned and anglers travel far for our premier blue ribbon waters. Whether it's our rippling rivers, the majestic mountain backdrops, or the serenity of our back country, Montana provides fly fishing experiences like no other.
As a full service retail fly shop and outfitters, Stillwater Anglers provides trips tailored to meet your individual needs and desires-a total quality outdoor experience. Basic fly fishing instructions are included and additional instruction or lessons can also be arranged.
We have guides available who are dedicated to working with avid anglers, novices, and children alike. In addition, though our most popular trips are full-day guided drift boat trips, wade trips or specialized instruction are also available.
• Flathead Lake is one of the preeminent fishing lakes in the northwest, and after a day with Captain Norm, you will agree that a day spent fishing on the lake will provide a cherished memory for a lifetime. You will be able to fish for lake trout and whitefish, northern pike and bull trout. Lake trout in Flathead Lake can often exceed twenty-pounds.
Fishing Flathead Lake isn't just our business, it's our passion. Our fishing charter captains study the behavior of fish, they test baits and lures and learn the lake's topography. They know how to find the fish, where they feed and how to induce them to strike. Our charter boats are outfitted with the most up to date gear and equipment. We offer fishing charters on Flathead Lake and Lake Koocanusa, which is about 70 miles north of Kalispell.