• The Bighorn is an excellent tailwater fishery with 1500 trout over 12 inches per mile. You can expect to catch many rainbows in the 16"-18" range, a couple browns up to 20" and if you're lucky you might catch a cutthroat or two. Of course we break the 24" mark on all species a few times during the season... you never know what you're gonna tie into!
Dry fly fishing is our favorite thing to do and most of the time the trout are willing to eat on the surface. But we're not afraid to get down and dirty with nymph rigs when the hatches don't cooperate.
We are a small guide service which gives us the opportunity to custom tailor your fishing trip whether you're a beginner, novice, or experienced angler. As a result of this we operate on about 70% return clientele and referrals. We live in Thermopolis and offer trips year-round.
• Blue Quill Fly Company offers day trips on the Montana's Bighorn River. This stream is one of the top three in the lower 48 United States. The river supports a large population of brown and rainbow trout that average fourteen to sixteen inches in length. In many years, the population stands at 7,000 trout per mile. Normally, an angler can count on catching at least one trout 20 inches or longer in a day's fishing.
Blue Quill Fly Company offers guided float trips with the emphasis on wade fishing. Though the anglers may fish from the boat as they float from one hotspot to the next, they can also kick back and enjoy the scenery and wildlife-the river has an abundance of shorebirds, songbirds, ducks, geese, herons, osprey, kestrels, other raptors, muskrats, beaver, raccoons, and fox squirrels. Nymph fishing is very productive at all times of the year. Most of the year, trout can be caught on dry flies, too. Streamers are effective on cloudy summer and autumn days.
• Once you call us the process is actually quite simple. We will talk to you on the phone and answer any questions that you may have. Then you will pick your dates and make your reservation. On the day of your trip we will pick you up at your hotel. If you need a fishing license or any flies or lures we will go by a shop to pick up what you need. Then it's off to the river.
After rigging up the rods and the boat we will hit the water. If you are new to fishing, our expert (and very patient) guides will give you all of the instruction you need. Then it's on to Catching Fish!!!
Our day is spent floating down the river, fishing from the boat as well as stopping on shore to work to good holes. We have snacks and drinks on the boat, and on full day trips we stop for a delicious shore lunch.
At the end of the day we will load up the truck and drive you back to your hotel, where you can rest up for the next day's adventure.
• Some of the country's best fly-fishing is located in and around Sunlight Valley. The ranch hires a full time fishing guide and instructor. The Sunlight River which runs through the 7D property is filled with colorful Brook trout, and provides an excellent atmosphere even for a first time fisherman. Rainbow and Cutthroat trout can be caught a few miles downstream below Sunlight Falls. Furthermore, the 7D staff will gladly arrange a trip up valley to the breathtaking Copper Lakes, or an all-day fishing trip to one of the many nearby rivers and lakes in the Crandall, Dead Indian, Clark's Fork, and Beartooth regions. For those of you who are serious fly-fisherman, our valley will not disappoint you.
• Trips with High Alpine Anglers are all inclusive. We take care of everything except your Wyoming State fishing license or your Yellowstone fishing license if fishing in the park. Some outfitters have additional or hidden fees for flies, etc., we do not. Although you can bring a 3rd person in the boat or fishing on foot, the fishing experience is much better with 1 or 2 people. Multiple boat/guide parties can be arranged for larger groups.
• How about a day on the lake? Love to fish? Come fish with me as we target Nothern Pike and Walleye at Keyhole Reservoir. Located near Devils Tower Wyoming so if you're planning a trip or passing through give me a call!
• Congratulations…you have just discovered the best kept secret the ranch has to offer. For those fishermen in pursuit of the Cutthroat Slam, the Wood River is a renowned Yellowstone Cutthroat fishery and at Wood River Ranch, we take it up a notch. By fencing our riparian areas and restricting those areas to foot travel, our river bottom has flourished.
With no grazing on the riverbanks, the river is allowed to become the best possible habitat for insects and the trout reap the benefits. All of our river fishing is barbless, catch and release, fly fishing only. Our guides implement strict fish handling techniques so we can ensure that it will stay that way for generations.
For those more novice fishermen, we have two ponds stocked with Yellowstone Cutthroats which are catch and keep if you like and we will prepare them for you that day! So come and enjoy the Wood River there is no place like it.
• What better way to spend the summer than to stack the boat full of giant carp. From shore to open water, we put you where the fish are. Most days you will shoot until you can't shoot anymore. This is a great way to target practice and keep that archery arm in tune for that big bull in September. We book day hunts or stay a few days and we will treat you like a king. Meals and lodging are included on multiple day hunts.
Enjoy a day on the lake seeking the elusive carp with a fly, the back country for some rainbows or hang at the ranch for some large mouth. Whatever you flavor, we have the water for you. These trips are a great way to get away from the daily grind and let your mind capture some great scenery.
• Rockin M' Outfitters offers four guides with 70 plus years experience trout fly fishing in the Jackson Hole and Alpine Wyoming Area.
Come fishing with our professional Fishing Guides and me! I'm Rob Meikle, a native to the Snake River area and owner of the Rockin M' Ranch. I've been guiding fly fishing, hunting, and snowmobiling since 1993. Whether you're staying with us or at another location, let us guide you down one of our local rivers. Our experience, love of the rivers and knowledge of the area will ensure a great day on the water. All Rockin M' Fishing Guides will be equipped with recent model drift boats, top notch equipment, a wealth of knowledge, and 70 years fly fishing combined experience on our local rivers. Although most trout fishing is by "Fly" we are happy to accommodate spin fisherman upon request.
• We offer guided Wilderness Fishing Trips for Golden Trout, Cutthroat, Brook Trout, and Grayling. Enjoy telling stories around a crackling campfire, fly fishing the ripples of the Green River all the while creating everlasting memories of a great outdoor adventure. We offer Wilderness Wyoming Fishing Trips in the Bridger-Teton Wilderness throughout the Wind River Mountain Range during the months of July and August, availability 3 to 14 day trips. If you are interested in mainly a Wyoming fly fishing expedition or with rod and reel fishing. We can design your trip for a specific species of trout that you are interested in.