We’ve partnered with our friends at Camp Chef to bring you a mouth-watering turkey recipe for whatever your holiday plans look like this year. Whether you’re cooking your own harvest or hitting the grocery for a frozen bird, this recipe requires minimal ingredients & is downright delicious.
- 1 whole turkey (ours was 12-14 lbs)
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons pepper
- Camp Chef's Citrus Rub Seasoning (or your favorite poultry rub)
- 1/2 cup of white wine, chicken broth, or liquid of choice
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat pellet grill to high smoke.
- To prepare the turkey, remove giblets & neck, rinse under water, & pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix the butter with salt & pepper.
- Using your hands, gently separate the skin from the breast & legs making sure to keep it attached & in one piece.
- Slip the butter mixture underneath the skin & spread in an even layer. Season the exterior of the bird with Camp Chef's Citrus Herb Blend.
- Fill Turkey Cannon Infusion Roaster with 1/2 cup of liquid & half lemon. Place turkey on Turkey Cannon Infusion Roaster & smoke for 1 hour on high smoke. Turn the pellet grill up to 350 degrees & cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with friends & family (according to your state COVID regulations)!
The Gear You Need