• Colorado, the Rocky Mountains, and the Gunnison valley is home to a lot of great fishing opportunities and Sport Fish Colorado is composed of very experienced Colorado fishing guides who spend hundreds of days a year on the water and know how to take advantage of these fishing opportunities.
• Proudly outfitting year round, 5280 Angler offers walk & wade fly fishing adventures! While helping to create lasting memories on Colorado's gorgeous public water destinations, we aim to provide safe, enjoyable, and quality experiences for all anglers, regardless of ability. Guide-to-angler ratio never exceeds 1:3. Our professional guides are first aid and CPR certified, and they're the kind of genuinely friendly people with whom you'll enjoy sharing a day on the river.
• We can either wade fish along streams and rivers, or float fish on a reservoir. I have 16 years experience rowing a dory fon numerous large rivers in the western states. When we fish, we take in the beauty that surrounds us. I am a professional geologist by trade, and a card-carrying Native American Indian - Pembina clan of the Turtle Mountain Agency band of Chippewa in North Dakota. These elements of my background provide experiences and insight that may contribute to the day's quality. Sometimes the fishing venues are near historic sites of interest, or even near amazingly fun local mountain shops and hot springs. There is no reason a fishing trip can't include a little diversion to sneak a preview of something really cool and unique to the area. Let's check out the odd little antique shops or have an ice cream in the local mercantile! Why not? It's your special day!
The point of Tumbling Trout Outfitters, is to enjoy the day, our life, and wonderful fishing.
• My name is Rick Larson, I would love to be your Colorado Fishing Guide. I live in the mountains of Evergreen, Colorado and have fished the higher lakes and streams as long as I can remember. My folks moved out here in 1969 giving me plenty of time to learn what works and what doesn't for fishing the many species of trout, salmon and lake trout. You will experience catching rainbow trout, brown trout, brook trout, kokanee salmon and mackinaw in the majestic Rocky Mountains. I am dedicated and passionate in giving you the best experience I can possibly give you while fishing Colorado lakes. I want you to walk away with a trip that you will talk about for many years to come.
• Join a Pagosa Springs Fishing Guide for a great day fishing on the rivers and streams in Southwest Colorado, and Northern New Mexico on Navajo Lake and the " Quality Waters" of the San Juan River. Species fished on a guided fly fishing trip, include Trout, Bass, Pike, Crappie, and more while Fly Fishing Pagosa Springs, CO. Fly fishing and spin fishing trips with artificial lures and flys are offered on Navajo Lake, and fly fishing only trips are offered on the "Quality Waters" of the San Juan River. We offer wade trips and float trips. CHECK THIS OUT - All of our guided fly fishing trips, include all gear and flies!
• For the ultimate fishing experience, come journey with us into the spectacular high country of the Rocky Mountains, where some of Colorado's finest trout waters await in the high alpine lakes, stream, and beaver ponds of the West Elk Wilderness.
Living in these clear, pristine waters are the wild Cutthroat, Rainbow, German Brown, and Brook trout native to the high country. Due to its remoteness, this area is accessible by horseback only. Hard to get to, but harder to forget. Here, surrounded by the unmatched beauty of the wilderness, you'll wet your line in some of the best native trout waters Colorado has to offer.
Trips are from two to five days, are fully guided, and include top quality horses, comfortable tent accomodations, delicious home cooked meals, and some great western hospitality. Come stay with us to relax, enjoy some spectacular scenery, and make some new friends, but before you leave camp to fish you'll want to practice repeating these two simple words - fish on!
• Duranglers' San Juan River Fly Fishing Guides have been showing fly fisherman the ins and outs of the famed San Juan River tailwater since 1983. With a plethora of fish and bugs; a trip on the San Juan is a one of a kind experience in the beautiful high desert of northern New Mexico.
The beauty of the San Juan river is that it is a year round river with great winter fishing. Our professional guide staff can accommodate anglers who wish to wade or float the San Juan River Quality Waters 12 months out of the year!
Above all else, our guides want to make sure you are having fun. Our goal is to teach anglers of all skill levels learn the art of fly fishing in an fun and comfortable environment.
• We offer several options for guided fly fishing. Grand County is very unique being that you can fish everything from dries on small mountain creeks to striping meat off a raft in search of predatory fish. The Winter Park FlyFisher offers both walk/wade and float trips on various rivers in Grand County. Most of our float trips take place on the famed Colorado River, however, we also offer float trips on the Grey Reef section of the North Platte River. Our walk/wade trips take place on the Colorado, the Fraser River, Troublesome Creek, Muddy Creek and the Williams Fork tailwater. All of these sections of water have public access but we are lucky enough to guide on some of the private sections. We have multiple private sections on the Colorado, Fraser and Troublesome Creek. If getting away from the crowds and enjoying the tranquility of having miles of water to yourself is something you desire, we have many private water options that are sure to meet your demands.
• A guided fly fishing trip with Cutthroat Anglers is the perfect way to experience the breathtaking Rocky Mountains. Whether you are a novice or expert angler, our fly fishing guides can personally customize a guided trip to create an unforgettable fly fishing experience.
We think a guided trip is the quickest way to minimize the learning curve for beginner anglers. Our experienced fly fishing guides will ensure you learn the fundamentals of a fly casting stroke, the basics of reading water, hatches, fly selection, and the essential techniques to properly fight and land fish. One of our primary goals is to give you the skills to fish on your own.
Colorado fly fishing float trips with Cutthroat Anglers are hosted in rafts and McKenzie style drift boats. Because we offer both types of boats, we can float a wider variety of rivers and flow conditions to keep you safely on the water during peak fishing periods.
• We recommend a walk wade trip to anyone who wants to learn more about the sport as well as how to be more successful on your own adventures. We strive to further your knowledge of tying knots, reading water, entomology, fly casting, mending line, fighting fish, and possibly most importantly to us, how to properly land and handle fish to ensure a successful release.
The Gunnison River is formed in Almont at the confluence of the East River and the Taylor River. From there the Gunnison River gives us one of the best fisheries in the state, as well as the largest tributary to the Colorado River. In roughly 20 miles of floatable river you will see some gorgeous scenery and an awesome fishing experience.
Our experienced guide staff is trained and qualified to get you safely down the river and provide the knowledge and coaching that will help you have a successful day on the river.
• Recognized as the Vail Valley's most experienced and most prominent guide service for over 35 years, the staff of Gore Creek Fly Fisherman welcomes you to sample some of the finest trout fishing the west has to offer. From novice anglers to well-seasoned fishermen, you will be treated to an experience on the legendary waters of the Vail Valley and beyond - an experience that will leave you with memories of a lifetime. We accommodate all skill levels, as well as children over the age of 10 on float trips.
Access to the Colorado River, the Eagle River, Gore Creek, the Roaring Fork, the Yampa River and the most extensive National Forest Service permits in the Vail Valley give you never-ending options for unlimited fishing adventures!
Our guides spend more time in waders than they do in regular clothes. They're on the water daily, and their knowledge and experience ensures they will show you a memorable fishing experience on our waters.
• Visiting Colorado's wilderness areas and fly fishing are each amazing experiences in and of themselves. Put them together and you will have a memory that you will be talking about for the rest of your life. If you are looking to experience world class fly fishing or just to be exposed to an art form that you have only seen in the movies, we have the trip for you. Colorado is a destination for many anglers and at Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides we offer a custom trip to match your interest and experience level.
• Bring the family for a true western experience and fish some of the finest cold water fishing that Colorado has to offer. These vacations are for the beginner as well as the experienced fisherman. If you would like to try fly fishing for the first time our guides will instruct and give pointers on fly casting, fly presentations and reading the water. Saddle up for an expedition into the Zirkel wilderness for some high country fly fishing, you will catch fish!
• Our Lake is a private lake that offers Rainbow, Browns, and Brook, plus we stock Rainbows regularly. No fishing licenses are required for our guest to fish on the lake.
At about 25 acres there are plenty of places to cast a line or just sit on a bench and enjoy the mountain views. We also rent row-boats if you want to get away from shore.
Walking paths and hiking trails surround the lake including the Colorado Trail, which runs adjacent to the resort.