• Galveston fishing in the Bay offers some of the most diverse Texas fishing available for a vast range of species and fishing techniques. The Galveston Bay system is a large healthy bay complex consisting of West Galveston Bay, East Galveston Bay, and Trinity Bay as well as Galveston Bay proper. The Galveston Bay complex boasts the largest jetties in the U.S. and miles of beachfront fishing opportunities. Roaming these waters are three of the state's most sought after game fish including, redfish, speckled trout, and flounder.
Deep sea fishing out of Galveston and Freeport is world class. Our experienced fishing guides will take you offshore fishing on a rod-bending, line screaming experience! You will target many different species of fish including, tuna, kingfish, snapper, grouper, wahoo, dorado and many others. Come see what Galveston offshore fishing is all about. You'll be impressed and return for many years to come!
• Artificial lures furnished at no additional cost
Rods and reels furnished upon request
Individual, group, and corporate trips
Beginners or experienced anglers
Accommodations arranged upon request
Book early to insure the availability of the date of your choice
All lures will be furnished at no additional cost. I can furnish rods and reels if needed, but I highly recommend bringing your own if possible. There is no additional charge for the use of my rods and reels, but I do ask that you replace any equipment if they are damaged during your trip. Please let me know in advance if you will need to use my equipment.
• Fly fishing or light tackle fishing the flats of Southwest Texas. We fish the waters from Matagorda Bay, to the Upper Laguna Madre. Launch locations include; Rockport, TX, Port O'Connor, TX, Port Aransas, TX, Corpus Christi, TX, Baffin Bay, TX, etc.
We offer full or half day trips, as well as stay and fish or all inclusive packages.
• Come enjoy the coast bend of Texas and fish with light tackle in the bay by anchor, drift, and wading for trout, red fish, black drum, sheep head, and flounder. October is a great time to drift and throw top waters for reds and trout all day ;
• Depending on the river and season you will be fishing in one of these boats. All designed for fly fishing with comfortable seating and stable braced fishing positions. They safely accommodate 2 anglers and 1 guide.
Hog Island SW16
Outcast Super Puma (14′)
What To Bring
Valid Texas freshwater fishing license (Get it here)
Polarized Sunglasses & Hat
Waders (Cold weather) Ask for more details.
Rain gear and appropriate clothing for the season
Good attitude! We are out to have fun and enjoy our beautiful Texas Hill Country fisheries
• Tackle is provided if necessary, and all fish are cleaned and bagged for you!
A cooler stocked with ice is also provided. Live bait is extra.
You will need to bring:
Food & Drinks
Hat or Cap
Shoes suitable for boating
Texas Fishing License with Saltwater Stamp
• Captain Johan uses a 22 ft. Compass with a 200 hp. Mercury Pro outboard engine. This boat is loaded with everything you need to fish Texas bays. It will provide you with a smooth dry ride, without compromising safety and accessibility to remote locations.
All Bait, tackle and artificial lures are provided. If you choose to use artificial lures, please feel free to bring your own. Wade fishermen are always encouraged to bring your own equipment. Waders, wade boots, wade belts, pliers and stringers can be supplied but it is highly recommended that you bring your own due to size and style differences among anglers.
All fish will be cleaned, and bagged in zip-locks as a part of your package. You will need some form of ice chest to preserve fish until you get back home. Please allow adequate time to take pictures and clean fish after your trip.
• We take pride in our fishing and consider it a privilege, and not a job, to be able to participate in your next fishing adventure! We promise to offer clean, well equipped charter boats, quality fishing equipment, and the best baits available.
Experience a fun and comfortable fishing charter in Galveston, Texas with SeaPlay Fishing Charters!
• We furnish bait, tackle, and we will clean your fish!
You're welcome to bring your own poles or any fishing equipment you want, sunscreen, cameras, and coolers for drinks and snacks.
Also, if you have your own boat and would like us to show you where to and where NOT to go, give us a call!
• I cater to a wide variety of fishermen from around the country. Anglers of all ages and skill levels are welcome! While many customers just want to catch bass and have a good time, I also offer instructional trips regarding seasonal fishing patterns, deep water, specific techniques, and how to interpret sonar. I specialize in Lowrance electronics and use HDS units in my 2015 Skeeter FX21.