• The Spring season, late March through the end of May has probably the best walleye fishing in the world! Walleyes from 5 to 9 pounds are very common, with several reaching 11 and 12 pounds. For one of these trips, you have to book EARLY! Mid May begins a number of exciting trips onto St. Clair for smallmouth bass. Smallmouth bass are so plentiful in St. Clair, get ready to give this lake the title "Smallmouth Capitol of the World!" Whether fishing for walleye or smallmouth bass, these are great trips for the anglin sportsman or family.
Capt. Ron guides his trips from a fully equipped, state-of-the-art, 20 foot Crestliner TS202, Tournament-grade, Walleye boat.
• Artificial lures furnished at no additional cost
Rods and reels furnished upon request
Individual, group, and corporate trips
Beginners or experienced anglers
Accommodations arranged upon request
Book early to insure the availability of the date of your choice
All lures will be furnished at no additional cost. I can furnish rods and reels if needed, but I highly recommend bringing your own if possible. There is no additional charge for the use of my rods and reels, but I do ask that you replace any equipment if they are damaged during your trip. Please let me know in advance if you will need to use my equipment.
• You will learn what areas of the lake are producing fish at that particular time of year as well as the proper techniques and bait to use.
On open water trips we will provide fishing rods, tackle, bait, and life jackets. All you need to bring is proper clothing and yourself.
You will be fishing out of 20ft boats that are bought new every two years for your safety and comfort. All of our equipment is new each year to provide a safe and fun filled experience.
Our Ice fishing packages include heated ice houses, rods, tackle, bait, Vexilar fish locator (limited) and a hot lunch.
• Oneida Lake is well known among anglers near and far as the best lake for Walleye fishing, bar none. The lake's excellent fishing reputation was earned by producing abundant Walleye, both Large and Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Tiger Muskie, Pickerel, and a plethora of Pan Fish including Yellow Perch, White Perch, White Bass, Black Crappie, Rock Bass, Blue Gill, Pumpkindeed Sunfish, and Bullhead.
Other species which are fun to catch are Catfish, Carp, Fresh Water Drum (Sheephead) & Eels. These last species are especially a challenge just to land and retrieve your tackle. Oneida Lake is also one of the cleanest lakes left in the country. For more information on Oneida Lake, click on the navigation link in the left column.
• We will target walleye (and inevitably run into pike and white bass) at Devil's Lake in a variety of different ways depending on season. We'll run bottom bouncers and spinners, vertical jigs, casting jigs, jigging raps, slip bobbers, and crankbaits to put nice walleye in the boat.
• Looking for some of the best fishing in South Dakota? The Missouri River offers not only the best walleye fishing in SD but some of the most pristine waters you may ever see. Call us today to book an adventure of a lifetime.
• New Mexico is a great place for bass fishing. The largest largemouth bass caught in New Mexico weighed almost 16 pounds. The largest smallmouth bass weighed six pounds. If you are looking for fishing near El Paso or planning a good fishing trip near Fort Bliss, New Mexico fishing is only about two hours away.
Types of Bass in New Mexico: